To say 2020 has been unlike any other time for school district admins would be a vast understatement. With district schedules and plans in a constant fluid state, being agile in your facility scheduling software for schools is a must at this point. Because of the uncertainty that you face with school schedules, we put together a quick reference list of the most commonly asked questions or “how-to’s” in ML Schedules™ .
1. Mass cancel. The ability to quickly delete calendar events from buildings and spaces and provide notifications to requestors has been invaluable for districts these last 6 months. The Mass Cancel feature allows District Admins to cancel events on a designated date or date range. This feature is useful for emergency situations, weather-related issues and obviously mandated shutdowns.
2. Emails. We get a lot of requests from users on the ability to see what the notification emails look like and who receives them. ML Schedules sends out automatic email notifications to keep everyone on the same page. Below is some information on which users receive notifications and when.
3. Requestors editing their event requests. Due to unforeseen circumstances, groups may need to change events back to pending status and restart the approval process. Admins now have the ability to allow Requestors to edit their own Requests. Once they have made edit it will restart the approval process to be reviewed.
Read more - Editing an event
Read more - Managing group classifications
4. Restrict Site and Space Availability for Specific Group Classifications. Due to social distancing rules or large group restrictions, your district may have spaces and sites that at one time were available, but now are not. ML Schedules gives District Admins the ability to allow only certain Sites and/or Spaces to be available for specified Group Classifications. Important: Your district must use Classifications to enable this feature that can only be set by District Admins.
5. Replace a user with another user. If an employee is out for any reason and you need to keep approval flows moving, you can replace one user with another. The new user will assume all of the permissions that the old user had.
Quick summary video
If you are a ML Schedules user and have any questions about these tips or something else, please feel free to contact our Support team here.
If you are not using ML Schedules currently and want to learn more, click here.